Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Chic DIY Mossy Letters

I saw a similar DIY project on Pinterest and I though the letters looked very shabby chic. I tried it for myself and it was a little messier and turned out a bit more "woodsy" than I had anticipated (I think I just got the wrong type of moss).




What You'll Need: 
Bag of Moss (I got mine from Michaels for about 7.99 I think)
Hot glue/gun
Wooden letters - Whichever size works for you. (I bought mine from Michaels for $3.99 each)
Newspaper (something to keep your mess to a minimum)

I didn't do anything special, just heated up the glue gun, grabbed a bit of moss and started gluing.



I like them now (see final project at the top of the blog). My boyfriend and I are moving at the end of March and I'm going to hang these in our bathroom or kitchen... I'll post a final picture then. You could also do deeper letters so they stand on their own.

What do you think about the mossy letters? Will you try them? 

(Spoiler Alert: My next DIY Craft that I will post will be DIY candle holders with Epsom salt!)

No comments:

Post a Comment