Thursday, March 22, 2012

Inexpensive DIY Candle Holders

This is a unique, cute idea (I think) for some really unique candle holders. It's simple and after I got the supplies together and ready, it took about 5-7 minutes to make. 



What You'll Need: 
  • Whatever pretty candle holder you want (i picked a short, cylindrical one) 
  • Mod Podge
  • Sponge Applicator
  • Epsom Salt
  • Clear Coat Spray
  • Paper Plate (just for pouring the Epsom salt onto) 

First, you to pour a generous amount of Epsom salt onto the paper plate. 

Then, apply a thin layer of Mod-Podge onto the entire vase/candle holder.. whatever you use. *Make sure it's even. I made the mistake of applying it thicker in one spot and it's a little noticeable. Doesn't look bad but would look better even :) 
I applied the Mod Podge while I had my hand in the vase so I didn't have to worry about getting it on my hand. 

Next,  while keeping your hand in the vase, roll it in the Epsom salt which is on the paper plate. 

Let it sit for a little bit (I waited around 10 minute) and then lightly tap the candle holder to shake off the excess Epsom salt. 

Then, spray a light layer of the clear coating on it to make sure the Epsom salt stays in place! 

Voila! You have a cute candle holder that has a gorgeous glow!!! 

 What do you think? Will you try this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment