Tuesday, April 24, 2012

DIY Frosted Glasses

I have a few too many plain glasses for martinis and other alcoholic beverages. I decided to use some supplies I already had and create these great, frosted glasses.

What You'll Need: 

  • Masking Tape
  • Plain Glasses
  • Frosted Spray Paint
All the necessary supplies
First, just start adding tape in whatever pattern/shape you want.  I love the chevron pattern so I decided to use that for the cylindrical glass.


Took me a while to get the pattern straight
Next, spray away. Try to get the spray paint even everywhere and let it dry for 20-30 minutes.  I know that it feels dry sooner, but let it dry for a long time.  As you'll see, I did the martini glass, and I'm currently drinking out of it and it smudged big time. Bummer.

I'm going to add a clear coat in a little bit and it should be good to go!

I think I might make the one above a candle holder instead of for drinks.

Tip: Do not put in the dishwasher. Hand wash. 


Final Chevron Glass/Candle Holder

As a candle holder

Martini Glass. Pre Smudge. 
What do you think? Pretty simple, huh? Are you going to try it? 


No comments:

Post a Comment