Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Frosted DIY Candle Holders

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I have been in the process of moving into a new apartment. I finally found where I packed all of my crafting stuff and decided to take on a simple, quick project. I made the DIY Candle-holder and it took all of 25 min (20 of which was drying time).


Supplies Needed:
  • Clear, Glass Candle-holder (whichever size & shape you want) 
  • Frosted Glass Spray paint -white (you can use other colors... the one I used was white)
  • Rubber bands... tape... anything along those lines. (i used a variety so I could have different width lines)
My cylinder candle-holder with one rubber band already on it & frosted glass spray from Michael's
  • Wrap the rubber bands, tape... whatever you're using, around the holder. Make sure it's all tightly on there so you get clear lines. 
*Hint: the masking tape was my favorite because it was easy to get off & I didn't have to wait for the spray paint to totally dry before taking it off. Yes, I am so impatient that I can’t wait 20 minutes for spray paint to dry. *

  • Spray paint the candle-holder outside. Make sure you don’t get too happy with the spray paint can because it will run and not look super even.
*Hint: I sprayed too much in one area so I wiped the running paint off with my finger and sprayed it. Now, you can’t really tell that I messed up. The very first picture in the blog shows the side with the smudge.. not super noticeable. 

Pretty and lit. I have it on
my mantle & love it. 
  • Let it dry for 20-30 minutes just to be safe. Carefully remove the rubber bands, tape, etc.  Voila! You have a fancy, expensive-looking candle holder!  (In my picture, I have a small candle in a large holder. I need to get a larger candle. That would make it look better… not quite as empty!Obviously)
Do you think you’ll try this DIY Project? If you have, let  me know how it goes! 

Picture of it without a candle lit in it.


1 comment:

  1. “I could not have closed on my first home without Mr, Benjamin Lee ! Benjamin and his team went above and beyond for me on this transaction. He handled my very tight turn around time with ease and was always available for me when I had questions (and I had plenty), even when he was away from the office, which I greatly appreciated! He and his team handled many last-minute scrambles with the seller and worked tirelessly to make sure that I could close before my lease (and my down payment assistance, for that matter) expired. Mr Benjamin is incredibly knowledgeable Loan Officer, courteous, and patient. I went through a couple offers on properties before my final purchase and Benjamin was there to help with each one, often coordinating with my agent behind the scenes. I felt supported throughout the entire process. Thanks to Benjamin and the tireless efforts of his team, I am now a proud home owner! I would encourage you to consider Benjamin Briel Lee for any kind of loan.Mr, Benjamin Lee Contact informaions.via WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740  Email- 247officedept@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete